Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting started ~ what's the point?

I've been torn about discussing my family life experiences online. There is always a part of me that keeps my chin up and moves fast through whatever slings and arrows find me. There is a bigger part that keeps shameful things at bay and never speaking a word against my family, no matter what their actions.

I find as I grow older, small explosions of thought hit me at odd times on ordinary days. I am surprised what comes back to me, and realize now that none of it, spoken out loud, would do much more than have a few people clucking, "That's too bad". 

I do not mean to make a villain out of anyone. I do hope it can be recalled that the time when I grew up was a very different era than where we are living today. This is my journey to the center of my life, which may or may not, lead me to any specific conclusions. Sometimes it will be funny and many times deeply sad. I pledge to be as honest as memory serves and as fair in the telling to myself as well as the other characters I have never exposed before.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that plate looks pretty tasty! I look forward to reading about your mealtime adventures. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last! oh how i've missed your blogs...good luck and good writing.

    ReplyDelete